Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sometimes Mommies Get Tired...and Don't Get Fit

Well, I missed my second posting of Fitness Friday's with the Wii Fit Mommies! I couldn't believe it! I had a super busy week and decided to take a day off...that was Wednesday. Boy, did I pay for it the next few days! I'm not someone who has ever had a regular fitness routine so I was not sure what the repercussions would be if I chose not to work out. My husband on the other hand, has always had a very strict workout regimen for himself. If he is not able to work out because he is injured or he gets too busy with work, the whole world pays. I supported him and his "habit," but I never understood it. When he is unable to work out, he is an absolute bear to be around! He gets so grumpy!

Well, I decided that I had too much to do to work out and was going to take a break for a day or two. I learned a few things from this short experience:

1.) Even a day or two break can do major damage to your momentum and motivation. I had the worst time getting back into the work-out routine again.

2.) I was so exhausted from not working out! I could not believe how tired I was! I literally had to lay my head on the desk and take a 10 minute nap. I hadn't had to do that since I was pregnant.

3.) I was grumpier. If my children were older they would agree.

So, I'm getting back into my routine, but it's taking me longer to do it. No more breaks from working out for this Wii-Fit mommy; the whole family suffers!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I know what you mean, getting out of that routine is bad! I've been sick all week with a cold and I FEEL fatter, lol. I can't wait to feel better so I can get back into my exercise. I dread seeing what the Wii Fit is gonna say to me... "Boy, you've been slacking!" and weighing myself in again. *sigh*