Friday, April 10, 2009

Virtual Job Fair for Stay at Home Moms

Good morning everyone! I have something very exciting in the works that I would like to share with all of you. I'm in the process of developing an opportunity that will hopefully allow moms stay home with their children longer and earn some money while doing it.

When I was on bedrest last year, the economy continued to get worse and our bills began to pile up. My husband and I were extremely stressed about what we were going to do to bring some additional money in. He told me that after the birth of the baby, I may have to go back to work. Well, there was no way! I gave up a great job to stay at home with my son; but it was the best decision I ever made and was not going back down that road again. Anyway, this was May, the baby wasn't due until August and I, of course wasn't even trying to look for a job until 6 weeks after I had the baby. So, I did some research and discovered how to start my own business at home as a Virtual Assistant.

Now, a virtual assistance business is definitely a viable idea for work at home moms, but there are also lots of other things that can be done virtually also. And maybe you don't want to start your own business, but you would be more than happy to join a team of other virtual workers or partner up with someone who already owns a business. Then this might be a great opportunity for you!

My goal is to create a bi-monthly job fair that will be available to stay at home moms. I want to create a balance of "hire-ers" and "hire-ees" so that there is a measurable success rate for the moms. For instance, I would like to hold two job fairs a month. There will be twenty spots for moms to sign up and twenty-five spots for people to hire the moms to sign up for both dates. My idea is to have a site where moms and potential employers can sign up and create an information page about themselves. From there, both parties need to sign up for the next virtual job fair slot that is available. On the day of the Virtual Job Fair, I would like the format to be similar to speed dating. Everyone signed up that day gets to spend at least 20 minutes with each other before moving on to the next potential employer. If the potential employer is interested in a mom, they will contact them after the job fair.

I'm really excited about this opportunity and hope that I can get it up and running by the second week of May, but I need your help! Spread the word! If you are a mom who is interested, a mom who could use some additional assistance and would like to hire a mom or an employer looking for additional virtual assistance, please email at rbuscemi@creativevirtualoffice.net

I look forward to working with everyone:)

3 comments:

heatheramyprice said...

That sounds great! I'd play! I'd love to "hire" more moms that way with quick 20 minute "speed dating" type sessions. What a neat idea!

longlifenoodle said...

This is a wonderful idea! My only concern would be whether the opportunities are legit, you know? So often they end up disappointing! I really hope it works.

Gail Klanchesser said...

Rachel I am very much interested! I would like to pick up odd jobs or support another VA.