Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Disorganized Mess is Me

A lot of things have improved for me and my family since I made the decision that I wanted to start my own business from home. We have extra cash coming into our home and I'm happier because I'm accomplishing something that I never thought I would. But there is something that is causing much turmoil in our home...our house is a disaster! My husband just can't understand how my life is so much different now then before and why I can't keep it clean. Oh, I don't know honey, before I had an extra 8-10 hours a day to do WHATEVER I wanted...now that 8-10 hours a day is dedicated to what my clients want.

I just can't get a head and I'm not sure how to start. I'm losing out on nights out with my hubby because I'm embarrassed for a babysitter to come into out house. So I made an executive decision today (because I can do that; I am the CEO of this household, right?) to look into hiring a house keeper/home organizer.

I'm not sure how much this going to cost me yet...we'll see. But here is my dilemma: I don't just need someone to dust and mop the floor, I can do that, I need someone to pick up all the stuff that has accumulated all over this house! Are there people out there that actually picks stuff up, will wash and put away your clothes, and wash dishes? If I have to clean beforehand, in order for someone to clean for me, I might as well save my money.

So I have interviews with some housecleaning services tomorrow and my new home organizer comes to check the damage next Tuesday morning.

If you have any house cleaning or home organizer stories to tell, please comment! I would love to hear from you!

No comments: